Last update: April 6, 2023
In the course of operating the Services and/or interacting with you, Overlap will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information.
a) Contact Information
When you contact us through the “Contact Us” feature of the Website, subscribe to our newsletter or by email you will be asked to provide us with certain personal information about yourself, which may include but shall not be limited to, your name, e-mail address and company or organization name (collectively, the “Contact Information”). The Contact Information is used to provide the requested service or information and to contact you for purposes of direct marketing of our current and future services. We do not collect any Contact Information from you when you visit the website unless you provide us with the Contact Information voluntarily.
b) Other Information
In addition to the Contact Information, we may collect additional information regarding you and your use of our website and Services, your interactions with us, as well as information regarding your computer or other devices used to access our Website and Services (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- Information obtained from you. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us.
- Information obtained from your online activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Website or Services, such as (i) information about the device from which you access the Website or Services (i.e., the type of device, the advertising identifier (“IDFA” or “AdID”), the operating system and version (for example iOS, Android or Windows), your carrier and network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE, etc.); (ii) your IP addresses (which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device); (iii) browser type and language; (iv) referring and exit pages and URLs; (v) date and time; (vi) amount of time spent on particular pages; (vii) what features of the Website or Services you use or visit; and (viii) similar information concerning your use of the Website or Services.
For Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics.
2. HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
You authorize us to use the Contact Information and Other Information, (collectively, the “Information“) to provide our Website and Services to you and to improve the Website and the Services. Also, we may use and share the Information as described below.
- Agents, Providers and Related Third Parties. We may engage other companies and individuals to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. We may also share your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- Aggregated Information. In an ongoing effort to better understand users of the Website and our Services, we may analyze the Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website and our Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may use this aggregate information for marketing purposes. We may share this aggregate information with our affiliates, agents, business and business partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Website and our Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Legal Requirements. To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Family Legal Care or others.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Information, from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
4. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
5. EXTERNAL WEBSITES AND PAYMENT SERVICE PROVIDERS
6. ACCESSING AND MODIFYING INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
You may access, review, delete and make changes to your personal information by following the instructions found on our Website, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Overlap marketing email. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
7. DO NOT TRACK
As discussed above, third parties such as analytics providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use the Website or Services. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for commercial websites. At this time, we do not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
8. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83), residents of California have the right to obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship (and that are not otherwise exempt) have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. If you wish to submit a request pursuant to Section 1798.83, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
9. NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of personal information to third parties. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account.