OUR CONNECTING BUSINESS
Through our affiliated Broker-Dealer business, we connect world-class frontier tech companies that have bespoke capital needs to their relevant financing sources.
FRONTIER TECH COMPANIES have bespoke capital needs as they grow. These could include:
• Building a factory
• Scaling operations
• Funding an acquisition
Whereas most startups in frontier tech only have a handful of alternative financing relationships, we have over 75.
IN ADDITION TO HIS ROLE as Overlap’s CEO, Justin Stevens is a registered representative of BA Securities, through which he is able to assist companies in arranging such transactions. His 18+ years of experience at Apollo position him well to serve as a bridge between the startup and debt financing communities.
• Startups are introduced to a select group of our financing relationships, and a finder’s fee is collected if there is a successful transaction
• We do not typically charge this fee to businesses in which we are already an equity investor
SEPARATELY, OUR CONNECTING BUSINESS ALSO DOES BESPOKE ENGAGEMENTS for large corporates that seek to aggregate a pool of curated frontier tech equity or debt investments. Given our positioning as the connective tissue of the frontier tech ecosystem and our active investment business, we have access to a wide array of compelling deal opportunities across a variety of industry sub-verticals and stages, making us an ideal sourcing partner for companies with limited venture infrastructure or exposure.
Please review important Additional Disclaimers with respect to investments or offerings facilitated by BA Securities, LLC.
OUR CONNECTING PROCESS
Companies seeking alternative sources of capital can expect the following from an engagement with Overlap’s Connecting business:
• AN INITIAL CALL with you to understand your company profile and borrowing needs.
• WE REVERT with a list of proposed alternative financing sources to reach out to and a simple engagement letter.
– Fee is payable upon a successful transaction
– Limited to a mutually agreed-upon list of lenders
• SIGNING OF ENGAGEMENT LETTER.
• A CALL TO REVIEW your proposed investor materials and discuss any additional information to potentially show investors (i.e. collateral coverage, unit economics, or downside scenarios).
• WE INTRODUCE YOU to the agreed-upon investors and are available for additional guidance throughout your negotiation process with them.